ETC Version 1.2.2 Released
The JWST Exposure Time Calculator (ETC) version 1.2.2 has been released on March 19, 2018. This is a patch release to the JWST ETC V1.2.
The patch release version 1.2.2 includes the following accuracy improvements and features :
– Residual flat-field errors are reduced with multiple exposures treated as dithers.
- – Improved accuracy with redesigned and better-sampled PSFs for NIRCam and MIRI coronagraphy modes, and MIRI coronagraphic target acquisition
- – Inclusion of pupil mask for NIRISS imaging in long-wavelength filters.
- – Enhanced coronagraphy strategy with four options available for PSF subtraction.
- – Saturation is reported separately for both nod positions for NIRSpec IFU and MIRI MRS.
- – Coronagraphy modes report saturation for the science scene and PSF subtraction source separately.
- – Performance and robustness improvements.
For more information and details, see the section « Observing Tools » in the Expertise Page of the site.